Friday, March 22, 2013

Introspection

Whether things are going right or whether they are going wrong its always good to take a step back and look at yourself and see how you are contributing to the situation. After the day that I had yesterday I felt the need to take a step back and look at me for a second. Then I realized that I had been kinda looking at me for a while now, and I've come up with some things that I need to work on within myself. God has placed some amazing friends in my life recently but because of fear and the belief that these friendships are too good to be true I have almost begun to sabotage them. I personally haven't come across people like them before so there is this level of apprehension that I need to get over. My mind keeps throwing up this wall where honestly, if I look back, there is no wall needed. So I have to resolve that from this point forward I have to let go of my apprehension and step past my fears. I have to enjoy the people that God have placed in my life because they are truly good people. I have to stop picking fights and being so difficult...just go with it. I am truly thankful for these particular friends because they have exposed me to people with a completely different mindset than those that I am used to dealing with. They are causing me to open up and step outside of my comfort zone, which is a good thing sometimes. This is my reminder to myself to let go when it comes to them...to live the carefree life that I lived in my early 20s. Everything will be ok...I will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment