Sunday, September 2, 2012

30s and Epiphanies

No longer am I the 20 something year old. I've finally hit 30, and I must say its pretty nice. I've spent the first few weeks in my 30s reflecting on my 20s and I can honesty say that I can SEE the growth and the progress that I've made. I will say that I still have a ways to go, but I can finally see the path and I know that I'm headed in the right direction. God has blessed me so much in preparation for this transition. He has put me in a place to prosper and he has put the proper people in my life to assist me in doing so. I am in a truly happy place, and that says a lot for me. I am finally in a place where a lot of my stressors have fallen by the wayside. But I'm also in a place of preparation. I am preparing myself for what God has in store for me next. I am preparing for the things that I am continuously praying and asking God to bless me with. I am preparing for my husband. I can honestly say that after spending my 20s praying and asking God for "the one" I learned something. In my prayers I would always ask Him to reveal a person's purpose in my life, and I would always ask for God's will to be done. Then I would get all in my feelings when God would remove that person from my life. The first thing I realized is that I wasn't ready for "the one". Yes, I am one of the most loyal girlfriends ever. I love hard and unconditionally. I am compromising and understanding. I cook, clean, and all the other stuff that a woman is supposed to do. But, I still wasn't stable enough to be in a marriage. So, God sent me people to help me to realize and strengthen the areas that I needed to work on within myself. He wanted to show me that instead of giving myself completely to people who were undeserving that I had to give myself to Him and allow Him work complete me so that I could be a whole person. Then and only then would I be ready to share myself with the person that He has chosen for me. Now that I've come to that point. God is working on me and preparing me. My relationship with him has gown and continues to grow, and in turn I am continuing to grow. My financial house is being set in order. My spiritual house is being set in order. My emotional house is being set in order. And everything in my life is flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment