Sunday, June 5, 2011

How God Answered My Prayers

I've had a LOT on my mind lately to say the very least. Soooo much has been bothering me, and I didn't even know where to began to pray, nor which one of my problems to pray about. All I could simply do was cry out to God for help and have faith that He would know exactly what I was coming to him about.

Well the faith that I have in God has proven itself once again. Last week I moved up the street from my church. One reason I hadn't been in regular attendance since I moved back to ATL was because I lived so far away and gas ain't no joke. I know that's no excuse, but that is what I allowed to keep me out of God's house. So God made it so that I could no longer use that as an excuse. He moved me in the same neighborhood of my church. I have not only been excited about the fresh start that moving into my new apartment is going to give me, but I'm excited to be so close to my church home. So excited that I was up bright and early to attend 9:30 service this morning. While I was expecting to hear a word from Pastor Oliver, God had a different messenger in mind for His message this morning...Pastor Charles Jenkins from Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church in Chicago, IL.

Today Pastor Jenkins preached from 1Kings about trusting in God again. The reason that this message spoke to me so was not because I had given up on God or because I had stopped trusting Him to answer my prayers and provide my every need. The message reminded me of 2 things...1)God's abilities and 2)what trust really is. Pastor Jenkins stated during his sermon that Trust is reliance based on previous understanding of ability, strength, and truth. On top of talking about how God's has the ability to provide no matter one's circumstance, Pastor Jenkins' talk about trust was just what I needed.

The biggest part of the struggles that I have been having is that I have been trusting a man's (Aiden's father) words instead of looking at and trusting his actions. On top of that I haven't been seeking God's Word in order to be a recipient of His actions. I have always been a woman of action. I have to see it to believe, but for some reason I kept holding on to hope that Aiden's father's words would turn into actions in spite of the fact that his actions were showing me the complete opposite. And today...once again his actions proved to be the exact opposite of his words. He kept making the excuse that the reason that he was unable to make it to Aiden's doctor's appointments was because they were at times when he was at work. So now that I have new doctors my appointments are at times when he's not at work. Yet and still, he is making no effort to go to the appointment. He feels that texting me and asking me what happened at the appointment is adequate enough. So when I texted him to remind him of Aiden's sonogram appointment tomorrow afternoon, and his only response was "OK...I knew that" I just left it alone. I took a nap and when I woke up I came to the conclusion that I will no long let his inaction dictate my reactions. God's word to me today reminded me to trust his actions and to stop listening to his lies and empty promises. God also reminded me to trust Him, and trust that He can and will be there for me at all times, and that He has prearranged everything that I need to take care of Aiden.

No comments:

Post a Comment