Monday, May 30, 2011

What is happiness?

I recently seen someone ask the question "what is happiness". Happiness seems easy enough to define, but when you've experienced nothing put pain & pseudo-happiness it can be confusing. When I sat down & really though about what happiness is I came up with my own definition. I used to think that making others happy would bring me happiness. I actually used to predicate being in a relationship on this belief. As long as my significant other was happy then I was happy. But I figured out that unless both parties in the relationship feel that way then someone will be lacking. I finally realized that happiness has to come from within. It can't be based on how you make someone else feel nor how someone else makes you feel. Your personal happiness can't be based on someone else's happiness. You can't manipulate people nor situations to obtain it. Just like you have to seek out God to have joy...you have to seek out yourself to find happiness. I also feel that if you don't have joy then you won't have happiness.

And now that I've personally figured this out...in my quest for internal peace I will continue seek out God and the joy that He has for me. I figure that once I have obtained internal peace that happiness will accompany it also.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment